Parties agree to mediate.
• Mediator is selected/appointed by random rotation, mutual request, or objection to a proposed mediator.
• Arrangements are made via letter or telephone.
• Pre-mediation concerns are addressed.
• Date and time typically scheduled at the convenience of the parties within 30 days of the request for mediation.
• Witnesses and/or attorneys may attend, but this is not necessary because the process is non-adversarial; does not invoke findings of fact.
• Information is exchanged.
• Parties need not prepare exhibits or extensive documentation. If a document will clarify an issue it may be used, but parties are reminded that mediation is not a fact-finding conference.